Large or small, it’s a room all its own
A thoughtfully appointed walk-in closet offers the perfect start (and finish) to your busy day.
- Maximizes every inch of space while showcasing your personal style
- Helps you stay organized while protecting your clothes from wrinkles and dirt
- Provides space-saving options for the utmost in efficiency, such as multiple hanging areas, adjustable shelves, baskets, hampers, and specialty racks
- Drawers feature dovetail construction, undermount slides, and soft-close mechanisms
I was extremely pleased with California Closets. Our designer, Katie, was professional, flexible and sweet. I adore my new closets! They make me happy every day!
We are repeat customers. We have been impressed with the design, quality and professionalism of everyone we've encountered.
The experience was excellent. Our designer Diane was professional and creative, the installer was quick and very clean, and the result is terrific. I wish we had done this earlier!!
One of the most professional organizations I have ever dealt with - from office personnel to designer to installer. Excellent. Other companies could take lessons in customer service from California Closets.
Quick and painless. The sales consultant was knowledgeable and friendly. Liked being able to see the closet layout on the sales consultant's laptop. The installation was flawless.
California Closets offers the best designs to achieve what we wanted in our home, and the quality and selection of the product is outstanding.
The closets have provided so much "new" space for us by utilizing the heights of our ceilings. The installers were so friendly and they were so good to my pups! Just a great experience!
The courtesy and professionalism throughout the entire process was amazing. We have already recommended California Closets to a friend.
Elizabeth understood what I needed and got it done quickly. Our installer was professional and my closet looks great...the price was right too!
Great design and installed efficiently and cleanly. We are planning on having our pantry done next. It really increased our storage space in an incredibly organized fashion.
WALK IN CLOSET DESIGN IDEAS
Floor to ceiling function shines in this airy pass-through dressing room that boasts ample hanging space as well as shelving for accessories, shoes, and more. Lighting throughout adds to the design’s luxurious boutique feel.
- Shown in CC Wood Grain™ finish in Misty Orchard
- Multifunction vanity/desk area; countertop: CC Luxe Matte™ finish in Morning Light
- Square miter door fronts with clear glass
- Contemporary Modo hardware
- Gold metal suspended hanging poles in Oyster vegan leather
- Our exclusive Everstyle deep divided drawer and Everstyle jewelry drawer
- Gold aluminum frame LED lit glass shelves; wardrobe ribbon lighting
- Grove storage bins in Ivory and Grey Chevron
This sleek, modern closet is an oasis of style and utility with its double sided center island dresser, wall-to-wall hanging, pull-out drawers, and ample open shelving. The dark wood grain finish creates a bold and sophisticated contrast to the light natural flooring.
- Shown in CC Specialty™ finish in Shadow Black
- Generous 1”+ material
- Round matte aluminum hanging poles
- Inset slab drawer fronts with Contemporary Cosmopolitan handles
- Stone slab counter (supplied by customer) on center island
Part of our custom Paxton Collection, this transitional modern closet system features clean lines and refined details, including doors with glass fronts, our exclusive Everstyle drawers, closed storage, and more.
- Shown in CC Wood Grain™ Ash finish
- Hidden hardware, a signature hallmark of our Paxton collection
- Center island with glass countertop and our exclusive Everstyle drawers in Winter leather with gold metal detail
- Vanity area with ribbon lighting and glass countertop
- Inset door and drawer fronts, square miter fronts with clear glass, and slab doors
- Gold hardware and accessories, including Paxton handles and suspended fluted hanging poles
- Product not available in all locations.
With the look of a personal boutique, this elevated closet solution offers a fashion-meets-function system to showcase your wardrobe. A bench seat as well as a vanity area with drawers provide the perfect spots for getting ready, while flat shoe shelves keep footwear and handbags securely in place. Floor-mount construction with finished back panels and crown moulding lends the look of a custom built-in.
- CC Specialty™ finish in Washed White transcends time and trends
- 5-piece Shaker doors fitted with polished nickel Empire hardware and Fire Crystal knobs
- Multiple hanging areas and wardrobe-depth cabinets
- Adjustable shelves for clothing, storage boxes and display items
- Ribbon shelf lighting to cast an ambient glow
This client's dream closet – one that has an extensive shoe and handbag collection – features an abundance of open and closed storage as well as display options. A luxuriously chic bench seat offers the perfect vantage point to admire it all.
- CC Specialty™ finish in Linen offers the look and feel of fabric
- Open and closed hanging areas with fluted poles
- Clean and modern miter door and drawer styles with decorative bronze hardware
- Aluminum drawer fronts accented with Capodimonte Silver inserts
A study in symmetry, this perfectly appointed walk in closet's horizontal lines bring instant balance to the room. Our Italian-inspired Virtuoso construction – with doors and drawers wider than they are tall – creates a sleek, contemporary look that works well with today's interiors.
- Crisp and modern CC Specialty™ finish in Linen
- Matte aluminum single-height fluted poles
- Press-to-open concealed hardware
- Back-painted matte glass inserts in charcoal add eye-catching contrast
Light and airy, this thoughtfully appointed walk in closet maximizes storage capacity, making it a smart solution for shared spaces. A variety of hanging lengths and an abundance of adjustable shelving adapts for changing needs.
- Shown in our Classic White finish
- Fluted chrome poles allow hangers to slide with ease
- Adjustable shelves accommodate everything from shoes to bedding
- Wire baskets for at-a-glance visibility and a double pull-out hamper for easy laundry sorting
Perfect for shared spaces, this thoughtfully appointed walk in closet features plenty of open hanging, enclosed storage, and shelving. A center peninsula provides drawers for quick-access items.
- CC Wood Grain™ finish in Grigio rivals the appearance of real wood
- Crown molding and trim: CC Specialty™ finish in Washed White
- 5-piece square miter doors with clear glass and aluminum frame doors with etched glass
- LED ribbon lighting and lit glass shelves provide functional yet pleasing ambient light
- Angled shoe shelves, tilt-out hampers, and pull-out closet accessories (tie, belt, scarf, and valet pin)
Book a free consultation today – and ask about virtual consultations.
Walk In Closets FAQs
A walk in closet is a closet space that occupies its own room. Over the years, walk in closets have advanced from simple storage to luxury rooms and dressing areas. Walk in closets can incorporate center islands, built in workspaces and vanities, benches, shoe storage, and custom lighting.
A walk in closet provides ample storage for clothes, shoes, accessories, and personal items to keep your bedroom clutter-free. A walk in closet can also allow for better function, given the many options for shelving, cabinets, drawers, dressers, island storage, and wall organizers.
At California Closets, we start with the design consultation by assessing the available space, taking measurements and inventory, and getting to know your needs and preferences. During the collaboration process, we’ll create a virtual model of your space using our proprietary 3-D software. Once completed, your custom design is sent to one of our local manufacturing centers to create your system components. Finally, your new system is installed by our professional installers leaving you with a beautiful new addition to your home.
By designing a storage solution for your shoe collection, you’ll not only declutter but also help protect and preserve the life span of your shoes. Custom shoe racks and shelves can be engineered to accommodate all types of shoes sizes, from tall boots to sneakers. Additionally, California Closets creates all types of specialized storage including pull-out drawers, cubbies, and shoe racks with rails to keep everything neat and organized.
There are several layout options for your walk in closet and creating the design will depend on your storage and organization needs.
A straight layout is the most basic with a single wall of storage along one side of the closet. This is perfect for a narrow space and can be customized with rods, cabinets, shelves, and drawers.
An L-shaped layout has two walls of storage and is ideal for medium to large-sized closets. The open space is perfect for a dressing area.
A U-shaped layout has three walls of storage and provides ample wardrobe and personal items storage. This is ideal for a larger closet or small bedroom that you convert.
An island layout typically has a central storage space with a free-standing dresser or a desk and is perfect for storing accessories like jewelry or intimates.
A boutique layout is a luxurious configuration that mimics the look and feel of an upscale boutique, utilizing open shelving, glass cabinet doors, LED lighting, high end finishes, and details. This is perfect for someone who wants to display their wardrobe and allows for maximum accessibility.
Customize Your Closet
Your designer will help you choose the right closet finish – dark or light, smooth or textured – to accent your décor and refine your style.View all Learn More
CUSTOM DESIGNS TO FIT YOUR BUDGET
CUSTOM DESIGNS TO FIT YOUR BUDGET
When we customize a design for you, we consider your space, your style, and your budget. We offer a wide range of quality options so we can satisfy each of our customer’s needs.LEARN MORE