Do you find yourself constantly distracted when working from home? Then it may be time for an organization overhaul in your home office. The California Closets Columbia team has put together tips and tricks to transform your office into an oasis of creativity, productivity and concentration.
Organization Lies in the Accessories
To clear away the clutter, it begins and ends with an organized space. The following office system accessories will help organize everything from your files to technology to keep your working space clutter-free.
- Custom-designed bookshelves store large or small collections.
- Counter surface provides a workspace for collaboration.
- Lower desk cabinets conceal home office supplies and technology, corralling cord clutter.
- Upper storage cabinets allow for easy access to supplies.
- A keyboard tray or sliding drawer can be tucked away when not in use.
- Floating shelves display collectibles.
- A Murphy bed creates a multipurpose room to accommodate out-of-town guests without interrupting the everyday functionality of a home office.
Your Office Style
The first thing to ask when redesigning your office space is: what’s your working style? Are you a collaborative, creative individual who needs lots of open space to draw and put together inspiration boards? Or, are you on the phone quite a bit and need a quiet, cozy office that keeps your files organized? Whatever you envision, you can make a reality when you have solid goals in mind. Here are a couple of popular office styles to get you inspired:
Thatcher Home Office
- This home office inspires productivity in style with a well-designed space and ample room to get the job done.
- Lago® Roman Walnut finish provides a natural and neutral backdrop.
- Aluminum frame doors with Satin glass inserts add a soft touch and conceal supplies.
- Ecoresin Thatch back panel and modesty panel create a seamless look.
- Adjustable shelving offers flexibility for changing needs.
- Slab drawer fronts lend a modern feel to the space.
- Brushed Aluminum decorative hardware adds polish.
- Custom shelving creates storage and displays books in this elegant library that doubles as a home office.
- Lago® Sorrento finish creates a warm, traditional look.
- Corsican Weave inset provides art detail.
- Lago® Sorrento 5-piece Modern Miter fronts lend a timeless aesthetic.
- Powder-coated Aluminum doors in oil-rubbed bronze with Quattro Carbon Ecoresin inserts add artistic flair.
- Oil-rubbed Bronze stemware holders and integrated wine storage create a mini bar area.
- Modern Fascia top detail enhances the warm furniture-like look.
- Window bench provides additional seating.
- Bronze decorative hardware lends itself to the traditional aesthetic.
To get started on your own home office, contact the California Closets Columbia team today. You’ll receive a complimentary in-home expert design consultation to discuss your budget, goals and needs for your space. Featured on Houzz, California Closets has been the leading storage and closet designer for nearly four decades.