Why choose California Closets - Twin Cities? Here are just a few reasons...
- This local franchise was started by a cabinet maker who had a vision of doing much more beyond basic closet design. Our machinery, staffing, and technology has all been selected to offer the greatest opportunity in design solutions that are top quality and innovative.
- We are 100% dedicated to offering a solution that best meets the client’s needs, even if it is not a solution we provide. Our goal is to exceed the client’s expectations and therefore we take on only projects where we can reach that goal.
- High quality is a standard in our franchise, not an upgrade option. For example, our standard drawer is dovetail, wood construction with soft-close runners. Clients receive the best option right away.
Not Convinced? Come See California Closets - LIVE!
Our Design Studio is conveniently located in the Galleria Shopping Center, with access to excellent restaurants, unique shopping, and regular events. We like giving you an opportunity to turn a visit to our Design Studio into an event complete with shopping, dinner, and an exceptional experience with our staff.
At California Closets, we like to share -- and our showroom is a good example of that. We offer it up as a location for smaller meetings and events that are looking for a networking, mingling sort of venue for 50-100 people. Though, at one of our own very bustling events, we have had as many as 300 people come through during a 3-4 hour period, and very comfortably!
Meet Moe and Michelle
California Closets has been under the ownership of Moe Sweeney and Michele Skjei, both residents of the Twin Cities area, for over two decades. Here are their unique stories:
Moe Sweeney was a banjo maker and cabinet maker at the beginning of his career. After seeing a California Closets display at a homeshow in Denver in 1983, he went to work for corporate for a short period. Originally from Wisconsin, Moe moved his family back to the Midwest in 1989 to start up the Twin Cities franchise. Moe currently resides between his home in Edina and cabin in Wisconsin. He has two wonderful sons who live in Twin Cities and pursue their own professional passions and aspirations.
Michele Skjei was Moe’s first hire, and the original Design Consultant for the Twin Cities franchise. Her love for the company and product led her to be a natural fit to ownership for the franchise. She and Moe became partners in 1996. Michele resides in Lakeville with her husband and two sons, who are still in high school. Michele and her husband are real estate partners and keep busy with their son’s hockey and football schedules.
It's All About Local
We manufacture out of our Bloomington shop and offices, located on the frontage road north of 494 between Hwy 100 and France Avenue. We like to work with as many local vendors as possible.
We also partner with and recommend several local businesses:
- Garage Floor Coating is our partner for garage or basement flooring solutions.
- We recommend Mulberrys Garment Care for all dry-cleaning needs. They are a toxin free dry-cleaning solution.
- Located conveniently across from our Design Studio in the Galleria is The Brass Handle -- an excellent option for all hardware needs in the home or business.
Charitable Giving and Community Involvement
We host special events in our Design Studio a couple times a year, typically to raise money for either a local charity or disaster relief.
In fact, you will find us in over 40 local charities events as part of the silent auction or as volunteers.
Recently we have installed closets for Make-a-Wish and Rebuilding Together.
Other large local charities we are proud to support: Hope Chest, Humane Society, Beastly Ball, Minnesota Dance Theatre, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
California Closets - Twin Cities is a member of the Minnesota chapter of the American Society for Interior Design. You can find us at the Spring Minneapolis Home & Garden Show at the Minneapolis Convention Center at the end of February or early March every year.
70th & France
Mon - Fri 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM