Are you trying to organize your home in Las Vegas? (Aren’t we all?) Unless you’re a professional organizer or designer, creating a beautiful, organized home can be somewhat of a challenge—even for the most aggressive of clean freaks. To start 2017 off right, we’ve curated a few home organization tips that will make you less stressed and finally able to exhale as you enjoy your clutter-free, beautiful new home, whether you live in Boulder City, North Las Vegas, Henderson, or Las Vegas.
What better way to organize and showcase all of your beloved possessions by transforming your extra room into a walk-in closet? Having a walk-in closet is one of the most effective ways to organize your space while adding luxury to your home. Installing designated shelves, jewelry drawer inserts, decorative hardware and glass shelves add a hint of glam, and a center island or bench seating area creates a welcoming atmosphere. You’ll actually want to hang out in your closet!
- Jewelry drawer inserts
- Designated shelves
- Decorative hardware and glass shelves
- Center island and bench seating
If space doesn’t allow you to have a walk-in closet, a reach-in closet definitely has the potential to be a beautiful, well-organized space. Having a closet organizer to perfectly store and showcase all of your items is key. An array of drawers, shelves, inserts and differing heights of hanging rods will perfectly balance your closet so that you know where everything is, you’ll save time, and walk away from your closet with a smile on your face. Here are some design tips:
- Install multiple hanging areas, adjustable shelving, drawers, baskets and hampers
- Add pullout accessories such as belt, tie, scarf and valet rods to maximize space
- Consider on or off-the floor drawers and shelves to achieve the right look and design aesthetic
- Install a set of drawers to ensure optimal organization
One of the best ways to save space may surprise you. Have you thought about installing a Murphy bed, also known as a “wall bed” in your home? The time-honored space-saving solution is making a comeback, and for good reason: you can use one room for multiple purposes. Build that dream office you’ve always wanted, that fitness room, or a space for the kids to play. And with custom-designed drawers, shelving and accessories, you can easily blend the Murphy bed’s design to match the rest of your home. And voila: the guest bedroom conundrum is fixed.
The kitchen is one of the spotlights of the home, and it can definitely make or break your enjoyment of home cooking and entertainment. Having a beautiful, well-designed pantry is key to an organized kitchen. Shelving, drawers, and baskets combine to accommodate specific needs and uses, ensuring accessibility and order in a space where items are continually removed and replaced. Here are some pantry design ideas:
- Sliding storage shelves allow for easy access to canned goods, while vertical shelf dividers organize everything beautifully
- Wine racks and stemware holders cleverly store bottles and glassware
- Pull-out racks for linens and vertical shelf dividers for mops, brooms and cleaning supplies organize often-used items
Whether for the big game, family movie night, or a cozy evening at home, the media or entertainment center is a major part of relaxation and enjoyment. Built-in entertainment centers provide more space, and TV entertainment centers provide the ultimate media center for your family. Ideally, a well designed entertainment center will give you a simple way to keep your devices untangled and uncluttered, and details such as custom cabinetry, shelving and lighting offer beautiful décor that will match the rest of your home. (Plus extra drawers will discreetly store toys and miscellaneous items). Here are some media center design ideas:
- Floor to ceiling white slab doors make the entertainment center feel clean and sophisticated
- Open shelving to display collectibles
- Cubbies for extra storage
- Push-to-open hardware for easy use
- LED light doors for a modern touch
And lastly, our no. 1 tip: enlist the help from the professionals who have been organizing and designing closets and homes for nearly four decades. Schedule your complimentary in-home consultation with the California Closets Las Vegas team today to start your redesign.
GET STARTED NOW >
California Closets provides a range of unique and beautiful custom closets, closet organizers, and closet storage systems for any room in the home. Call us at or visit one our Dean Martin, Centennial or Grand Canyon showroom to get a firsthand look at the systems, finishes, and accessories offered.