Here in New York, sometimes you have to get downright creative when it comes to storage when you live in the big city of Manhattan or Brooklyn. The designers from California Closets put together several options on how to help.
Make a More Useful Garage
The garage is a great place for storage. Why? Because more often than not, you’re the only one accessing it. Custom storage cabinetry in the garage takes into mind your quantity of storage and your design tastes for a beautiful look. Holiday décor, tools, sporting and gardening equipment and other items can easily find a home in the deep storage cabinets, drawers, shelves and baskets. Take advantage of every square inch by utilizing precious wall space.
Make Your Kids’ Playroom Storage-Friendly
Have you ever thought about incorporating storage into your kids’ play area? Although it may seem impossible, you can sneak in storage easily. Here’s how:
- Drawers and baskets make it easy to go from playing with toys on the floor to placing them back in their designated storage spaces.
- Window-seat shelving creates a perfect nook for reading with storage for books underneath.
- Pullout baskets are ideal for storing multiple sizes and shapes of toys as well as clothing for easy visibility.
- Integrated desks create a space for working on projects or doing homework. Desk storage, from shelves with doors to drawers, can corral school supplies.
- Shelving keeps items off of the floor and in a dedicated space, making cleanup simple.
- Small storage areas and cubbies ensure that items like blocks and figurines always end up in their proper places.