Here in New York, you’re always limited on space – but that doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice. The key is to get smart when it comes to the design of your home that includes plenty of storage and style. The California Closets Rochester team put together several solutions so you can come home to a highly organized, beautifully designed space.
Make Your Spare Room a Multipurpose Room
The multipurpose room is a brilliant idea for those who want it all. Need a guest room but don’t want to sacrifice having a living area or home office? You can have both. A Murphy bed is an expert space saving solution that folds up and into the wall so that by daytime, you can use the space for whatever you want. Custom cabinets are integrated in the Murphy bed solution so that either you or guests can store items while the area stays clean.
Make a More Useful Garage
The garage is a great place for storage. Why? Because more often than not, you’re the only one accessing it. Custom storage cabinetry in the garage takes into mind your quantity of storage and your design tastes for a beautiful look. Holiday décor, tools, sporting and gardening equipment and other items can easily find a home in the deep storage cabinets, drawers, shelves and baskets. Take advantage of every square inch by utilizing precious wall space.
Create a Custom Reach-In Closet
If you’re maxed out on space in the bedroom, fear not. A customized reach-in closet will help organize everyone’s items — even the shoe obsessed.
- A custom-designed closet includes space-saving options, such as multiple hanging areas, adjustable shelving, drawers, baskets, and hampers.
- Pullout accessories such as belt, tie, scarf, and valet rods maximize space and organization.
- A set of drawers in a reach-in closet adds storage capacity and puts everything within reach. Our drawers feature dovetail construction, undermount slides, and quiet soft-close mechanisms to ensure superior quality and a lifetime of use.
- Options for on- or off-the-floor construction are available to fit budget, aesthetic, and storage needs.
- Take advantage of corners with custom solutions that maximize small spaces.
Make Your Kids’ Playroom Storage-Friendly
Have you ever thought about incorporating storage into your kids’ play area?
Although it may seem impossible, you can sneak in storage easily. Here’s how:
- Drawers and baskets make it easy to go from playing with toys on the floor to placing them back in their designated storage spaces.
- Window-seat shelving creates a perfect nook for reading with storage for books underneath.
- Pullout baskets are ideal for storing multiple sizes and shapes of toys as well as clothing for easy visibility.
- Integrated desks create a space for working on projects or doing homework. Desk storage, from shelves with doors to drawers, can corral school supplies.
- Shelving keeps items off of the floor and in a dedicated space, making cleanup simple.
- Small storage areas and cubbies ensure that items like blocks and figurines always end up in their proper places.
Create a Multi-Purpose Laundry Room Area
Have you ever thought about redesigning your laundry room so that it has plenty of storage potential? In addition to having drawers, cabinets and shelving to organize your laundry and cleaning supplies, the utility room is a great place to store materials and conduct projects in. Upper storage and shelving for paper, scissors, tape and more will give you a dedicated space to work (with the addition of open counter space).
Get organized today by contacting the California Closets Rochester team. Visit our Rochester showroom or schedule your complimentary in-home expert design consultation to discuss your budget and unique home’s needs. Featured on Houzz, California Closets has been serving thousands of homes across the country for nearly four decades.