Do you have a home office that’s crowded and outdated, or a kitchen table that you use as an office, making your day-to-day life chaotic? Then it’s time to get a hold of your office space. For residents living in Inland Empire, Adelanto, Apple Valley, Beaumont, San Dimas, Pomona, Yucaipa, Fall Brook, Walnut, Diamond Bar, Yucca Valley, Wrightwood, Victorville, Upland and Twin Peaks, having a home office that’s productive, creative and relaxing is important. Below are some office design ideas to help you get organized.
Organization Lies in the Accessories
To clear away the clutter, it begins and ends with an organized space. The following office system accessories will help organize everything from your files to technology, to keep your working space clutter-free.
- Custom-designed bookshelves store large or small collections.
- Counter surface provides a workspace for collaboration.
- Lower desk cabinets conceal home office supplies and technology, corralling cord clutter.
- Upper storage cabinets allow for easy access to supplies.
- A keyboard tray or sliding drawer can be tucked away when not in use.
- Floating shelves display collectibles.
- A Murphy bed creates a multipurpose room to accommodate out-of-town guests without interrupting the everyday functionality of a home office.
Your Office Style
The first step when redesigning your office space is: what’s your working style? Are you a collaborative, creative individual who needs lots of open space to draw and put together inspiration boards? Or, are you on the phone quite a bit and need a quiet, cozy office that keeps your files organized? Whatever you envision, you can make a reality when you have solid goals in mind.
From the lighting to the desk finish, your style needs to reflect you in order for you to truly feel creative, productive and at home. With every different type of working style out there, we’ve crafted up some ideas to feed your office design inspiration:
- Venice Beach Home Office – A perfect blend of open space and plenty of storage, this home office system provides organization with a modern twist. Cashmere slab doors and drawer fronts complement concrete floors and lofted spaces.
- Simon Convertible Office – Delivering the best of two rooms, this system offers a polished space to work and a hidden bed for guests. A side-tilt wall bed saves space and puck lighting illuminates the office.
- Family Workspace – From lunch meetings to homework, this home office is made for the entire family. With working and relaxing zones all in the same room, this system allows for productivity and comfort with multiple workstations.
- Nashville Live/Workspace – Monochromatic color palette and proper accent lighting elevate a home office to a relaxing gathering space. Recycled leather veneer back panels add contrast and interest to bookcase lighted cubbies.
- Napa Library – Custom shelving creates storage and displays books in this elegant library that doubles as a home office. Window benches provide additional seating and Modern Fascia top detail enhances the warm furniture-like look.
Create a Multipurpose Room
If you don’t quite have the space for a home office, make it a multipurpose room. Whether a guest room or bedroom, a Murphy bed solution is ideal so you have a bed to sleep in at night and an office to work in during the day. The Murphy bed is a brilliant, simple solution where the bed folds up and into the wall when not in use. The easy pull-down mechanism provides a comfortable bed at night, equipped with custom cabinetry such as an end table, desk or nightstand, all designed to match the aesthetic of your home. A side-tilt wall bed option is available for more of a space-saving solution, or a traditional wall bed is available for room on both sides of the bed.
The designers from California Closets work on these types of projects all the time, and will make the transition from day to night as seamless and beautiful as possible.
To get started on your dream home office design project, give the California Closets Inland Empire team a call. You’ll receive a complimentary in-home expert design consultation to discuss your unique budget and goals. Featured on Houzz, California Closets has been the leader in closet and storage design for nearly four decades.