Are you getting frustrated wasting time rummaging through your closet? Save yourself from a headache by trying these three simple tips to reconstruct your closet so that it’s user-friendly. Whether you live in Greater Harrisburg, Hummelstown, Hershey, Palmyra, Manchester, Shiloh, Weigelstown, East York. Valley View or Dallastown, every homeowner deserves a beautiful custom closet that’s stress-free.
- Consider Your Closet Construction
When you think about having a closet that packs the most amount of function in a tight space, there are two major closet designs that come to mind: a reach-in closet and a wardrobe.
Reach-In Closet: A reach-in closet requires a combination of high function and bedroom design aesthetic. Drawers, shelves, inserts, differing heights of hanging rods, and other options give clothing, shoes, and accessories a home that is organized and easily accessible.
Wardrobe: A well-designed wardrobe is like a piece of custom-crafted furniture. The right finishes, decorative moldings, and beautiful doors are designed to fit naturally into a space—and provide you with much-needed storage and functionality where none existed before.
- Implement Closet Accessories
You have a rack and a couple of shelves – no wonder you still have a pile of clothes sitting on the floor. In order to organize your closet, you need to have a specific home for every one of your accessories or pieces of clothing. Closet accessories are an easy way to do this. Examples of closet accessories include:
- Shoe Storage – From shoe fences to glass shelving, beautifully store and display your collection.
- Drawer and Shelf Dividers – Keep your t-shirts, socks and pants separate.
- Jewelry Drawer Dividers – Create storage and display for your jewelry, from costume jewelry to precious heirlooms to everyday rings and bracelets.
- Hooks and Poles – Hang purses, scarves and more with ease.
- Pullout Racks and Accessories – Store tie, belt, scarves and more with racks, valets and mirrors.
- Hampers and Baskets – Conceal dirty clothes with pullout hampers and baskets.
- Think Up, Not Out
The key to maximizing space is to store in all of the places you haven’t thought of before. A slat wall system allows you to hang belts, ties, scarves, earrings and much more so you have a closet that’s free of “stuff” on the ground. Other options, such as multiple hanging areas, shelving and more, provide additional storage.
Get started on your custom closet solution by contacting the California Closets Greater Harrisburg team. You’ll receive a complimentary in-home expert design consultation to discuss your unique budget and goals. Featured on Houzz, California Closets has been transforming homes into beautiful, organized works of art for nearly four decades. Learn more by visiting our Camp Hill showroom today.