Whether you have a limited space for your closet or you’re feeling frustrated with the lack of organization, it’s always wise to revisit your closet space. The California Closets Bluffton team put together five easy ways to make the most of your closet space, whether you live in Hilton Head, Hardeeville, Deerfield Village, Savannah, Richmond Hill, Pooler, Tybee Island or Statesboro.
- Get Rid of Everything You Don’t Need
The first step (and simplest) is to donate or get rid of clothing items and accessories you no longer wear. This way, you’ll clear clutter and will be left with only items you wear on a regular basis and items you cherish.
- Consider Your Closet Construction
When you think about having a closet that packs the most amount of function in a tight space, there are two major closet designs that come to mind: a reach-in closet and a wardrobe.
Reach-In Closet: A reach-in closet requires a combination of high function and bedroom design aesthetic. Drawers, shelves, inserts, differing heights of hanging rods, and other options give clothing, shoes, and accessories a home that is organized and easily accessible.
Wardrobe: A well-designed wardrobe is like a piece of custom-crafted furniture. The right finishes, decorative moldings, and beautiful doors are designed to fit naturally into a space—and provide you with much-needed storage and functionality where none existed before.
- Implement Closet Accessories
You have a rack and a couple of shelves – no wonder you still have a pile of clothes sitting on the floor. In order to organize your closet, you need to have a specific home for every one of your accessories or pieces of clothing. Closet accessories are an easy way to do this. Examples of closet accessories include:
- Shoe Storage – From shoe fences to glass shelving, beautifully store and display your collection.
- Drawer and Shelf Dividers – Keep your t-shirts, socks and pants separate.
- Jewelry Drawer Dividers – Create storage and display for your jewelry, from costume jewelry to precious heirlooms to everyday rings and bracelets.
- Hooks and Poles – Hang purses, scarves and more with ease.
- Pullout Racks and Accessories – Store tie, belt, scarves and more with racks, valets and mirrors.
- Hampers and Baskets – Conceal dirty clothes with pullout hampers and baskets.
- Think Up, Not Out
The key to maximizing space is to store in all of the places you haven’t thought of before. A slat wall system allows you to hang belts, ties, scarves, earrings and much more so you have a closet that’s free of “stuff” on the ground. Other options, such as multiple hanging areas, shelving and more, provide additional storage.
- Contact the Professionals
Reconstructing your closet can often be difficult done alone. Rely on the experts who have been doing this for nearly four decades. Schedule your complimentary in-home expert design consultation with the California Closets Bluffton team.Transform your closet for a more organized, stress-free life.