When it comes to a good closet, you of course need to first think about how it’s going to fit and be organized. However, the style is crucial too. You want a closet organizer that speaks to you personally and that reflects your home décor. The California Closets Anchorage team put together solutions to help you achieve both organization and style for your home here in Hurstbourne, Indian Hills, Oldham County or Prospect.
First things first: you need to come up with a closet system. A closet system is essentially a blueprint of what you want your closet to look like, for example, a reach-in closet, walk-in closet or wardrobe. From there, you can decide on the hardware and materials to act as the foundation for your closet.
Next come the closet accessories. Shoe storage, shelf and jewelry drawer dividers, baskets and pullout hampers, multiple hanging areas and custom cabinetry will all help organize all of your items. Here are other ways your closet can be organized:
- Pullout hampers in your walk-in closet let you tuck away your dirty clothes, and then easily access them when it’s time to do laundry.
- Pullout racks in your closet maximize space and keep belts, ties and scarves organized and accessible.
- A slat wall system in a garage helps you organize your workbench and provides a place to store regularly used items in baskets or on hooks.
- Drawer dividers in a custom closet or home office system make it easy to find small items and supplies.
- Adjustable shelving in a kid’s closet ensures adaptability as your child grows from toddler to teen.
- Vertical shelf dividers in a custom laundry room allow you to easily store mops, brooms and other cleaning supplies.
Select Your Finishes & Materials
Once the organization plan is set in stone, now it’s time to add your personal style to your closet so that you’ll want to keep your items organized. Carefully select materials that reflect you.
Finishes: With unique materials and color palettes through artisans and designers from around the world, the sky is the limit when it comes to your closet’s finish. From classic shades to distinctive imported textures, you can get a sophisticated look of real wood, with a more durable construction.
Materials: Only select the best materials with sustainable, California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliant materials. Recycled wood fibers and LEED standard supplies add to a better quality closet.
Added Elements: LED lighting, display shelving, bench seating, leather doors and acrylic and metal enhancements take your closet from basic to breathtaking.
Get started today on your custom closet system design by contacting the California Closets Anchorage team. You’ll receive a complimentary in-home design consultation to discuss your budget and goals. Featured on Houzz, California Closets has been the leading storage and closet designer for nearly four decades. Visit our Anchorage Showroom to learn more.