A Fashion-Forward Room: 5 Ways to Make Your Closet a Style Statement
While your collection of clothing can make a serious fashion statement, the place in which you store your clothing can as well. Follow these five tips to transform your closet into a space that exudes sophistication and style.
1. Mix in luxurious materials: Add personality to your space with glass shelves and colorful or textured back panels. Incorporating leather, in particular, is a great way to add some opulence into a closet. You can fully customize the look to match your wardrobe, your home’s aesthetic or your personal style.
2. Put your favorite items on display: You might have a collection of designer purses, an incredible array of shoes or a number of gorgeous scarves. Showing them off is a great way to add some glamour to your closet. Use shelves to display purses or shoes and install dedicated hanging racks to present your scarves.
3. Install fabulous lighting: While lighting is often overlooked in a closet space, it makes a huge difference when it comes to the overall look of the space. Lighted shelves draw the eye toward your favorite items, while a chandelier or a pretty lamp can give the space extra illumination and elegance.
4. Add a sitting space: A chair or pouf covered in luxurious fabric, such as velvet, linen, or faux fur lends a trendy and upscale vibe to your closet while making the space more comfortable, too.
5. Use decorative accents to give the space extra oomph: Infuse extra flair into your closet with carefully chosen accessories, such as acrylic or metal trays, mirrors and fashion-related artwork. Accents like these can give your closet additional color and texture, while showing off your personal style.
Details can make all the difference. See how we incorporated all of the above to achieve the ultimate fashion-forward closet for our Before and After campaign.