7 Top Tips for a Garage Worth Showing Off
1. Clutter-free cabinets: Built-in cabinets are a perfect way to organize things like sports equipment and camping gear. Not only will these items be neatly hidden away, but you’ll also have a designated place for your gear, making it easy to find whenever you need it.
2. Go vertical: For hard-to-store items such as rakes, bikes, and brooms, take advantage of wall space by hanging them. Use slat walls, racks, hooks, baskets, and bins to organize everything from shovels to hoses.
3. A stacking solution: When it comes to shelving, the key thing to remember is access. Holiday boxes can be placed on high, hard-to-reach shelves, while regularly used items like toolboxes should be stored lower, where they are handy.
4. Shine a light: Install lighting above storage areas or workbenches so you can easily work in your garage or locate anything you need.
5. Stick to it: Small magnetic items, such as drill bits, often get lost in drawers, cluttering an otherwise organized space. Keep track of all those tiny magnetic pieces by attaching them to a magnetic strip.
6. Label away: Place labels on drawers and cabinets so your entire family can easily find whatever they’re looking for. You can even create stylish labels with chalkboard paint.
7. A clear solution: Make it easy to spot items by using clear glass jars or plastic bins for storage. Jars are a great way to store nails and screws, while bins make it easy to find your beach toys or gardening tools. Garages are often required to do double duty—more than any other room in your home. From gardening tools to camping gear and snow shovels to auto supplies, your garage has to handle it all. This is no easy task, but creating a simple-to-use system will optimize and organize this space for your entire family to use.