Are you trying to organize your home in Connecticut? (Aren’t we all?) Unless you’re a professional organizer or designer, creating a beautiful, organized home can be somewhat of a challenge—even for the most aggressive of clean freaks. To start 2017 off right, we’ve curated a few home organization tips that will make you less stressed and finally able to exhale as you enjoy your clutter-free, beautiful new home, whether you live in Fairfield, New Haven, Middlesex or New London.
What better way to organize and showcase all of your beloved possessions by transforming your extra room into a walk-in closet? Having a walk-in closet is one of the most effective ways to organize your space while adding luxury to your home. Installing designated shelves, jewelry drawer inserts, decorative hardware and glass shelves add a hint of glam, and a center island or bench seating area creates a welcoming atmosphere. You’ll actually want to hang out in your closet!
Whether for the big game, family movie night, or a cozy evening at home, the entertainment center is a major part of relaxation and enjoyment. Built-in entertainment centers provide more space, and TV entertainment centers provide the ultimate media center for your family. Ideally, an entertainment center will give you an easy way to keep your devices untangled and uncluttered, and details such as custom cabinetry, shelving and lighting offer beautiful décor that will match the rest of your home. (Plus extra drawers will discreetly store toys and miscellaneous items). Here are some entertainment center design ideas:
- Floor to ceiling white slab doors can make a media center feel sleek and sophisticated
- Open shelving to display collectibles
- Cubbies for extra storage
- Push-to-open hardware for easy use
- LED light doors for a modern touch
Laundry Room Ideas
The laundry room tends to be the oft-neglected area to shove your washer/dryer away so no one will see it. But before shunning away your poor appliances, have you ever thought about doubling your laundry room as a craft area? With so many ways to organize and beautify your space, you should be proud to show it off. Here are some ideas:
- Create a counter area to fold laundry and linens
- Use baskets and bins to make sorting laundry easy
- Install cabinetry and shelves to store detergent, cleaning supplies and towels
- Add pullout racks for linens and vertical shelf dividers for mops and brooms
- Add a pullout ironing board that can be hidden when not in use
- Install drawers and doors to provide concealed storage
Feeling distracted while trying to work from home? Or so overwhelmed by the clutter you just can’t concentrate? Your home office should be an area to focus, get inspired and relax. And most importantly, it should be clutter-free. Here are a few ideas to get in the working mode with smart office design:
- Custom-designed bookshelves that store large or small collections
- Counter surface that provides a workspace for collaboration
- Lower desk cabinets to conceal office supplies and tech accessories
- Upper storage cabinets allows easy access to supplies
- A keyboard tray or sliding drawer that’s tucked away when not in use
- Floating shelves to display collectibles
- A murphy bed to allow the room to double as a guest room when friends and family are in town
And lastly, our no. 1 tip: enlist the help from the professionals who have been organizing and designing closets and homes for nearly four decades. Schedule your complimentary in-home consultation with the California Closets Connecticut team today to start your redesign.
GET STARTED NOW >
California Closets provides a range of unique and beautiful custom closets, closet organizers, and closet storage systems for any room in the home. Call us at (203) 924-8444 or visit our Norwalk showroom to get a firsthand look at the systems, finishes, and accessories offered.