These days, it’s crucial to have a home office – so why not make it the most organized, spacious and personal space it can be? For residents living in Yorba Linda, Woodland Hills, Whittier, Westminster, Westlake Village, Montebello, Monterey Park, Newport Beach, Palos Verdes Estates, Paramount, Rolling Hills or San Clemente, working from home in a productive, relaxed environment is important, and when your office is organized enough, you can use the space for multiple uses.
How to Organize Your Home Office
Whether you envision an open, bright and collaborative workspace or you prefer something that’s a bit cozier and quiet, there are plenty of office designs for you. The following additions will make any office style more organized:
- Custom-designed bookshelves store large or small collections.
- Counter surface provides a workspace for collaboration.
- Lower desk cabinets conceal home office supplies and technology, corralling cord clutter.
- Upper storage cabinets allow for easy access to supplies.
- A keyboard tray or sliding drawer can be tucked away when not in use.
- Floating shelves display collectibles.
- A Murphy bed creates a multipurpose room to accommodate out-of-town guests without interrupting the everyday functionality of a home office.
The Multipurpose Room
If you have limited space in your home, make a home office into a multipurpose room. One of the most popular ways to do this is to create a guest room / home office combination with a convenient fold-down Murphy bed solution. A custom-designed Murphy bed will seamlessly integrate with the rest of your office design aesthetic, so that it’s not even noticeable when folded up into the wall. This way, you don’t have to sacrifice an entire room for guests.
All in the Family
For those who have a family, they know that having clutter comes with the territory. Luckily, we’ve got solutions. A family workspace is a great way to bond with your family while getting work, bills or homework done. The Family Workspace design by California Closets includes everything you need to get your family focused, while staying comfortable:
- With working and relaxing zones all in the same room, this system allows for productivity and comfort in one tailored space.
- Classic White finish paired with the white walls lends an airy feel.
- White slab drawer fronts contribute to the seamless look.
- Cassini Beach countertops provide contrast and add a natural touch.
- Adjustable shelving creates flexibility for changing needs.
- Integrated multiple workstations provide designated project and task areas.
- Open overhead storage provides easy access to books and supplies.
Get started on your very own custom home office design by contacting the California Closets Pasadena team. Featured on Houzz, California Closets has been the leader in closet and storage design for nearly four decades. Visit our Pasadena showroom to schedule your very own complimentary in-home expert design consultation today.