Toronto Entertainment Center
Entertainment Center Toronto: 5 tips to transform your entertainment center.
Here are some tips from the in-store designers at California Closets Toronoto for good entertainment center storage. Stop by today and let them take you through these tips in person.
1) Mounting your television on the wall will create a lot more space. If it can be mounted – mount it. Be sure to get a professional to install an outlet behind the screen (it is against the law to run an electrical cord through the wall). If that isn't an option, consider an entertainment unit that has pre-drilled holes so the cords can be run behind it to achieve the floating TV affect.
2) Hide the wires! Every home entertainment center has a nest of wires that can be unsightly and complicated to seperate. Excess wire can be wrapped in zip cords to keep them hidden and seperated behind the unit. If you have surround sound speakers, running the cords under an area rug can is a good idea.There are bands and bags available that are specially designed to hide wire clutter.
3) Use vertical space. If you prefer not to wall mount your TV, and would rather have it on shelves. Consider an entertainment center with shelving above and below the screen.
4) Be creative with your finishes. Wooden cabinetry is a nice way to incorporate modern technology into a more traditional setting.
5) Consider an armoire if you are setting up an entertainment center in a bedroom. This is a great way to keep the TV hidden while also serving as functional storage for clothes. Another option is placing a TV on a low, unassuming dresser.
6) Add shelves and sliding doors. A sliding door is perfect for hiding the cable box or the receiver, and to hide the television screen when not in use keeping it dust free and also discrete. Most new devices have infrared sensors which makes keeping devices behind close doors that much easier.
7) Consider a custom entertainment center storage solution from California Closets Toronto. The in-store design team can customize a storage solution to fit all your entertainment center needs in any space.