Tonka Bay Closet Organizers: Transform Your Closets
Closet Organizers Tonka Bay: Tips To Help
Turn your cluttered closet into an organized and functional space today! Get started with these tips from the storage experts at California Closets Tonka Bay.
1. The first thing you should do in a closet organization project is have a ‘sort out’. If you haven't worn an item for several seasons - it's time to take it to your nearest Goodwill. With so many items in your closet it's hard to know what you no longer use. A simple way to clean out your closet is to turn all of your hangers backwards and as you wear your favorite items, put them back with the hangers facing the right way. At the end of a 3 to 6 month period, get rid of everything that is still facing backwards.
2. Once you have sorted out your clothes and got rid of unnesesary items you no longer use - it's time to organize your closet space. Determine your most popular items and put them in plain sight, right in the middle for easy access. Any item that isn't seasonally appropriate, place up high or down low. Keep like items together - T-shrits with t-shirts, jeans with jeans. Open boxes are a great way to store specific items like socks, underwear, and towels on an open shelf.
3. Hanging your clothes makes them easier to access and it looks better. If you have room to hang everything - hang everything! Custom hangers are available at California Closets Tonka Bay that enable you to hang any item. Anything that needs to be folded should be put in drawers or on a shelf.
4. If you have seasonal items stored in boxes, a great and simple organizing tip is to label them with luggage tags, especially if those bins are up high. Now you'll no longer have to guess if that is the box with your winter wear.
5. Make use of the vertical space – most Tonka Bay closets have more verticle space than you think. Try moving the bar up to the top of the closet to free up space underneath for shelves and boxes. You can even try having two bars - one up high and one lower to create double the hanging space.
6. Stop by California Closets Tonka Bay and let the in-store designers take you through the many closet organizers available to help you optimize your closet space.