Relax With Your Customized Plano Entertainment Center
Entertainment Center Tips From Our Staff
Follow these tips from the expert storage designers at California Closets Plano to get you on the path to functional and beautiful entertainment center storage.
1) If your TV can be mounted, mount it. Be sure to get a professional to install an outlet behind the screen (it is against the law to run an electrical cord through the wall). If an outlet behind the screen isn't an option consider an entertainment unit that has pre-drilled holes (available at California Closets Plano) where the cords can be run behind it to achieve the floating TV effect.
2) Entertainment items usually have several wires. So having a collections of items can often mean a nest of wires. Wrap any excess wire in zip cords and keep them hidden behind the unit. If you have surround sound speakers, running the cords under an area rug can make all the difference.
3) If you don't have a wall mountable television or you just don't want to mount it, consider an entertainment center with shelving above and below the screen so you can make the most of Verticle space. It adds a textured look to your entertainment center. Wooden cabinetry is also a nice way to incorporate modern technology into a more traditional setting.
4) Sliding doors are a great way to hide your items when you are not using them. Most new devices like cable boxes have infrared sensors which makes keeping devices behind closed doors that much easier. This will ensure your entertainment center is aesthetically beautiful and discrete so it complements (rather than dominates) your living room.
5) Consider a custom entertainment center storage solution from California Closets Green Hill. It can be make to your exact specifications and to fit any space in a room. You will be amazed at the possibilities!