Ontario Entertainment Center
Entertainment Center Ontario: Tips from the experts for effective entertainment center storage
Here are some tips from the expert designers at your California Closets Ontario store to help you create functional and effective entertainment center storage in your Ontario home.
1) If your TV can be mounted, mount it. One option is to install an outlet behind the screen (you should get an expert to install it - as it is against the law to run an electrical cord through the wall). Another option is an entertainment unit that has pre-drilled holes so the cords can be run behind it to achieve the floating TV affect.
2) Hide the chords and wires. Wrap any excess wire in zip cords and keep them hidden behind the unit. If you have surround sound speakers, running the cords under an area rug can make all the difference. There are great clips and wire hangers available today that help keep the wires clean and untangled.
3) Use vertical space. If you don't want to mount your TV, consider an entertainment center with shelving above and below the screen. Wooden cabinetry is a nice way to incorporate modern technology into a more traditional setting.
4) If you are setting up an entertainment center in a bedroom, an armoire is a great way to keep the TV hidden while also serving as functional storage for clothes. Another option is placing a TV on a low, unassuming dresser.
5) Add shelves and sliding doors. A sliding door is perfect for hiding the cable box or the receiver. Most new devices have infrared sensors which makes keeping devices behind closed doors that much easier.
6) Consider a custom entertainment center storage solution from California Closets Ontario. Stop by today and talk to one of the in-store designers about your space and entertainment system needs. You will not believe the endless possibilities!