How to apply
California Closets Hawaii franchise is currently hiring experienced sales & design professionals for our Sales & Design Consultant position based on Oahu.
California Closets is the original innovator in-home, custom designed storage solutions. Through 30+ years, we have grown from in-home closets to all areas of the home and business. This is an excellent opportunity for unique, innovative design professionals with experience in sales.
California Closets® is a premium brand of custom storage that offers an exclusive opportunity for high volume sales and autonomy in employment. This is a salary draw against commission sales position that includes training and a competitive benefits package.
Expectations of the Position
Our clients expect us to be the best; expectations of performance in this position are high. The following is a brief overview of what is expected in this position:
• In-home consultations requiring a combination of outside sales and marketing
• Detail orientation in course instructed design and spatial planning
• Proficiency in product knowledge
• Above average skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
• Rapid learning in technology and software-based presentations utilizing proprietary CAD and CRM programs
• Customer service
• Project management
• Building enduring client relationships
• Goal orientation and time management
• Baseline knowledge of current designs trends in interior furnishings and home construction
Listening Skills - Listening skills are the top skill set of this position. We do not ‘hard sell’ our clients. We are only there to give them what they need and desire. If we are not the best solution for them, we tell them that. Otherwise we listen to their needs; we do not tell them their needs.
Organization - It is critical that Sales & Design Consultants are organized in their paperwork and client files. We use a California Closets exclusive client database and 3dCAD program. You are responsible for accurately creating designs and communicating those designs with the production part of our business. Through clear, concise drawings and communication, we deliver our customer’s expectations accurately.
Design Skill - This is a sales position which requires spatial concepts and the ability to create a beautiful end result for our clients. We design entertainment centers, offices, bookshelves, craft rooms, garages and many other spaces that are visible within a home or office. It is critical that function is the # 1 priority with design in our business, with aesthetically pleasing details.