Our very own Ginny Snook Scott shared this simple recipe with us this week: Dried Fruit and Caramel Brie appetizer. It's a sweet treat that's very easy to make! We thought it would be perfect for a romantic night or a party with friends. Enjoy!
Appetizer: Dried Fruit and Caramel Brie
1 (6-inch) wheel brie cheese
¼ c sliced almonds or candied pecans
1 c dried fruit mix (pre-purchased mix or create your own blend of cranberries, blueberries, cherries, mango, pineapple, candied ginger)
2 T butter
½ c brown sugar
¼ c Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier or Cointreau) - Optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt brown sugar in butter - mix well.
3. Add in orange liqueur, dried fruit mix and almonds and stir.
4. Pour over Brie in oven-proof pan and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Let sit for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a serving dish. Cut a small wedge of the brie to let some cheese ooze out to prompt your guests to indulge in this decadent dish. Serve with water crackers or sliced baguette.
Do you have a favorite recipe? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we may feature it in an upcoming blog post!